THE MANCHESTER HEN & STAG GUIDEÂ
A MINI GUIDE TO THE TOP BARS IN THE CITY
So you and the girls or boys have come to Manchester to celebrate the Hen or Stagâ€™s last night of freedom.Â If your first stop in Manchester was to see us to take part in a highly energetic event playing Bubble Football you will be needing a nice big drink by now (zorb football is thirsty work!).
So, we have put together a little guide of Manchesterâ€™s two most popular places for Hen & Stag parties. Deansgate Locks & The Northern Quarter in Manchester City Centre.
Known locally as â€œThe Locksâ€ this trendy area isnâ€™t to be confused with Deansgate (which is about a mile away). This sits on the top Deansgate and is one of the most liveliest parts on Manchester. With quirky little cocktail Bars & pubs to tiki-joints & roof top bars. This place has something for everyone. Although some of the more posh spots on The Locks require a smarter dress code there is also a lot of places with a more relaxed door policy.
3 of the Most Popular Bars Â in Deansgate Locks â€œThe Locksâ€Â (in no particular order)
- Revolution Manchester Deansgate LocksÂ â€“ OK, not very original. The very popular Revolution Chain. This one being right in the heart of Deansgate Locks. They have them in all major cities but there is a reason for that! Drinks arenâ€™t too pricey and itâ€™s very stylish. Another reason we put this on the list is our big groups have never had a trouble getting in (always best to split into a few groups just in case though!).
- The Liars Club – A cool Tiki-themed spot. The Liars Club has a brilliant selection off rums & exotics cocktails (for the hens). Carrying on with the Tiki Theme the bar staff will serve these drinks in cool Hawaiian shirts. Another great reason to party at The Liar Club is its open till 4 (for the hard-core members of the group!).
- The Liquor StoreÂ â€“ Styled in the shape of a downtown cool L.A Liquor Store. For all you music lovers in the group this is a spot for you. With a wall dedicated to Manchester music greats right down to cocktails named after song titles & lyrics. It has a kind of indie vibe which we think really compliments the place.
THE NORTHERN QUARTERÂ
The Northern Quarter has to be the most popular & vibrant place in Manchester to go drinking. Situated conveniently by Piccadilly Station this place has a huge variety of cool independent bars & traditional Manchester Pubs.
The Northern Quarter has a really laid-back & trendy vibe during the day. Â Of a night this transforms into packed pavements full of revelers looking for food, drink & live music.
3 of the Most Popular BarsÂ in The Northern QuarterÂ (in no particular order)
- Hula Tiki LoungeÂ Â â€“ This is one wild place! A Polynesian Paradise inspired by the 1950â€™s. If you get there early you’ll be greeted with cool beach vibe tunes and tropical cocktails. Later on in the night the roof comes off (not literally) and DJâ€™s get this place bouncing with Soul, Funk & Hip Hop. Open till 4am too!
- OddÂ Â â€“ Probably the bar that kick started all the other really cool independent bars youâ€™ll find popping up all over the ultra-cool Northern Quarter in Manchester. A huge variety of quirky craft beer & ales for you to sample. Not to forget live music & some of the best DJâ€™s in the city!
- Cottonoplis -Â â€“ One for the Hens! As you may have guessed the name is a reference to Manchesterâ€™s industrial past. Not far from Piccadilly, this place has some truly unique cocktails and Â great manly Tank Beer (for the stags!). An extremely popular spot and one we recommend you take a look at!
Well thatâ€™s bring us to the end. Thank you to all who made it this far (not many I imagine). I hope our mini guide to the Manchester Nightlife scene will save you lots of time charging around Manchester going from one dive to the next.
If you thought this to be usual why not give it a share on social media with the rest of the travelling hen or stag group.
Have a great stay in Manchester and you never know we may even by lucky enough to get a visit from you for one of our events during your stay!
To find out more about Manchester check out Visit Manchester by clicking here